Friday, June 25, 2010

Feeling Blue

I was browsing through House Beautiful again today (I really like that magazine), and came across really great showcases of different shades of blue. I currently rent, so I'm not able to paint - - which in my opinion, is a major con of renting. But I swear, as soon as I own I am painting at least one room blue. I like the color on the wall on this pic:

I'm loving the chandelier and the pop of green in the vase.
photo credit: James Merrell

A few more rooms for inspiration:

I am not a huge fan of wallpaper, but I think it's time I give it another try. I love the print on the wallpaper featured here, and the mirror brings a warm, antique feel to the room.
photo credit: Mikkel Vang

Another gorgeous wallpaper/mirror combo. At first glance, I thought two lamps on the dresser was overdoing things, but I am so feeling it!
photo credit: Francesco Lagnese

The beaded chandelier brings a craftiness to a rather serious looking room.
photo credit: Francesco Lagnese

All photos from House Beautiful