Monday, June 14, 2010

The Reason Why

Hello world! I am excited, enthused, and extremely exhausted. I have been working feverishly to bring you this blog. It started with a boring weekend and way too many hours browsing the Internet. I was looking for sites that offered tips on upholstering furniture. I'm decorating my apartment and keep stumbling across $20 thrift store chairs that - with a little TLC (fresh paint and new fabric) - could look like a million bucks. Oh, okay... maybe a few hundred.

Turns out, upholstery can be pretty expensive. And who wants to spend hundreds of dollars to fix something that only cost twenty bucks? Not I. So began the search to find ways that I could do it on my own. But in that search grew something I never knew existed - a love and appreciation for interior design.

As I'm slowly pulling together room by room, I'm understanding the importance of creating a space that is warm, comfortable, and oh yeah - FUN! I want rooms and trinkets that reflect my creative side... a space that feels good.

So, I'm dedicating this blog not only to interior design, but to everything stylish that brings a smile to my face. It can be a chair, or a beautiful photo. Food and clothes will make appearances as well. And as always, inner beauty (which looks good on everyone) will find its way sown through the invisible threads of this blog.

Enjoy, and don't forget to show some love!