Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Room to Live In

I don't know about you, but my living room serves as a multipurpose center - to watch TV, host company every now and again, even fall into a deep, peaceful sleep on the couch. So as I'm decorating my apartment, I'm looking for pieces that are both stylish and functional.

After purchasing a new favorite magazine, House Beautiful, I decided to browse through their site for more inspiration. The Living Rooms section under their Photo Galleries offers just that. I posted a few pics that I liked, but I definitely encourage you to find your own inspiration. The magazine and site have plenty to offer.

I like the play of blue against the earth tones - especially brown and orange.
photo credit: Thomas Loof

More yummy earth tones
photo credit: Julian Wass

I am absolutely in love with wing chairs. There's just something so royal about them.
photo credit: John Kernick

Seriously - I need that chair/flowers combo
photo credit: Francesco Lagnese

Pics are from House Beautiful