Monday, July 19, 2010

Going Strong / Ladylike for Fall

So I'm reading the August issue of Vogue, and there's an article about Christina Norman, the new CEO of Oprah's OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) that will premiere early 2011. I know a lot of people who are Oprah-haters. "When is she going to retire?" "Why doesn't she talk about more relevant issues concerning x, y and z?"

Look, I understand that this woman is not going to please everyone. So I cut her some slack. Actually, it's deeper than that. I love me some Oprah! I'm not gonna lie or deny it. I think she does well with the abundance that she has been given. And that's good enough for me.

That said, I am thrilled that she will have this network to continue her work after she retires from her show next year. And the article about Norman (sorry, I'm not going to ruin it) leads me to believe that it will be nothing short of awesome.

Christina Norman as seen in August's Vogue

In addition to this news, I was floored by the sneak peaks of what Fall fashion has in store. I LOVE the polka dot dress Norman is wearing in this photo, and it looks as if ladylike lavishness is going to be huge. Yesssssssss!

Prada's Fall coat captures this perfectly:

Photo: Style

It's like 50's librarian meets the 21st century. The gloves, the glasses, the plaid... I don't believe this look from head-to-toe is my style, but I can see the coat with a funky belt and faded dark denim, maybe with a few rips and tears. Make it your own people!!!