Sunday, July 18, 2010

Lovin Lula

I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday! If you're anything like me, it's almost 2PM and you still have your PJ's on, sipping on a cup of tea, and browsing the Web like it was the New York Times.

I have been on a kick lately where I'm trying to read magazines that I'm not familiar with - some of my regulars are Lucky, People Style Watch, Essence, and House Beautiful. I've been venturing out and leafing through design mags from Australia and Italy. But the little gem I stumbled upon was the latest issue of Lula Magazine. Maybe it was their Doll Is Mine spread, but I was like WOW - it made me want to play with my mom's makeup and put on her high heels like I used to when I was a little girl.

The spread is floaty with sorbet colors abound. Take a look:

Photos from here

Here's a closeup of the angelic makeup palette:

Liking the lavender lids
Fruity pout :-)
Maybe I'll try lining my upper and lower lids with a soft shade...
I never thought green was a good shade for me (I'm a pink and purple gal) but she makes me want to give it a try

Photos:
Lula Magazine

I thought it would be fun to look for some pieces that could help you pull off this fun and flirty look. Here are some options. Enjoy!

All pieces from Ruche


Dress from Ruche, wedge by Unlisted by Kenneth Cole, Stila shadows, and Kat Von D lipcolor